Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chick Channels

I am not a fan of “chick channels.”Women’s Entertainment, Lifetime, Style…name it…I am not a fan. The messages these channels send are atrocious, but these channels are car accidents for me. Despite my disdain for the chosen programming that these producers play, I cannot help myself from watching these shows. I can feel the anger, frustration, the shock from watching the programs, but I fail to turn the channel and just say “NO” to this horrible drug of mine. I am weak and admittedly have no plans on strengthening my will power to be able to look away from such mindless dribble. After all, I feel more intelligent and my life looks a lot better after watching others in a far worse predicament than myself.
 
No wonder singles desperately seek companionship. We have so many wedding shows promoting how it’s better to be miserable and married than to be happily single. Yes, I have planned how my wedding dress will look and that I want a tasty (and huge) wedding cake. However, I am happy to be single rather than be in an unhealthy relationship. I wonder why in the world some of these men would choose to be in a relationship with a whiney, a ghetto get-in-your-face, or a lush bridezilla. I question the sanity of these brides who cry at the sight of a wrinkled wedding dress or a dress that has become too tight or too loose. Have these brides heard about steam cleaning, ironing, alterations...the fact that the world does not end because of a fixable situation? Enough complaints, ladies, just say “yes” to a dress! You can alter it later.
 
The way these girls behave is shockingly abhorrent and I can’t believe how people would accept or even tolerate such behavior. Yet, these channels are gaining profit and celibritizing these brides…thus promoting and perpetuating such behavior. I can’t really chastise these programmers, though. After all, people, like me, are finding themselves to be passerby’s to such a car wreck resulting in supporting such behaviors. Because of my decision (as well as other viewers) to not change the channel, we are not only playing a significant role by promoting this behavior, but we are also allowing our females to believe that marriage is the way to go in life. Don’t give me Sex in the City…that’s just as trashy and misguided as the “chick channels.” Where are the stories about single women who live responsibly and don’t need to be married or need to “use” men to get what they want? Oh, wait, that’s like watching cars driving on the street…not interesting at all…car wrecks are much better to watch. Now, I understand.
 
Despite the drama-filled shows, I stand up on my soap box shouting out (figuratively) to all of my readers (which total two):
Let us STOP the perpetual insanity and change the channel.
Let us not promote such interesting filth.
Let us watch something educational that teaches us how to better ourselves.
Let us…..
Let us finish reading this blog, because Jerseylicious has just begun.
 

 
Until next time…happy viewing whatever blog, email, or show you choose to watch.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment