Sunday, July 1, 2012

Pipe Cleaner Madness

I had been helping with a dress rehearsal the other day. It brought back many memories…from the days I was a performer to the days I helped others perform. I watched moms panicking from losing a child, while the child was standing right in front of them. There were people worried about the order of the performance. Others had to soothe crying children.

The children were in their own little world – having fun coloring and playing with pipe cleaners while watching the Barbie fairy movie – not noticing all the chaos around them. One of the parents warned me about “the little troublemaker.” She causes so much trouble for the girls in her group as well as picking on all the older girls. They, unknowingly, told me something that I already figured out. You see, I had already met her and knew exactly what to expect.

As the girls grew more comfortable with me, they would show me their pipe cleaner masterpieces. Some had bracelets; others made necklaces. “The little troublemaker” came up to show me her work of art…two pipe cleaners twisted together at one end and open at the other.

“Oh, look! You made a ‘V’.” I said to her.

She shook her head and I was left to guess again at her work of art.

“No? Well, it looks so great. What is it???” I asked…mainly, because I hate guessing.

A devilish grin spread across her face as she growled her answer to me, “HORNS!!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment