Monday, April 30, 2012

I think I can

My turtle is purposely challenging me. Perhaps, I think, he has it in for me. I think he is showing me up. I have done a total of one work out since I decided to begin my fitness regimen…and that workout totaled fifteen minutes of exercise and forty-five minutes of trying to get my face to not look beat-lobster-red. I can whine and complain about all the time-consuming events that occurred since my last workout, but – fact of the matter is – I didn’t work out…bottom line.


 


On the other hand – ever since I discovered this really cool water filtration rock for reptiles – my aquatic turtle, Filburt-Sebastian, has been plugging away at that rock. On his first day, it took him (almost) the entire day to climb up that ginormous rock. I was very tempted to step in and take Filburt-Sebastian off of the rock – for fear of him hurting himself – but, he peaked my curiosity, I wanted to see where he was going with his hiking trip. As days passed, Filburt-Sebastian worked harder and harder. Every morning, I would find him ploughing away. It was almost like “The Little Train that Could;” actually, it was exactly like “The Little Train that Could.” Before I knew it, that little sucker was taking two to three trips up and down that mountain each day.

 

Now, he greets me daily atop his rock – basking in all his glory – mocking me.

I think I like my dog, Apollo, even more now…


…hike your way back May 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment